A Day in the Glamourous Life Mental Health Edition #worldkindnessday

 I was struggling with how to start today's blog.  Then I thought, I tell people "Glamourous" doesn't mean what the media or supermodels tell us.  So let's take a peak into my Glamourous Life.

My husband hasn't stopped working during all this either.  He works for a freight delivery company and the Navy.  Both of which are very essential right now.  My oldest works for a famous coffee chain, which keeps me well caffeinated.  So our house has had a couple of virus related scares, both my husband and daughter were potentially exposed on separate occasions.  Fortunately, no one contracted this disease in my house.  Although I have a few relatives in my extended family that have.

Once everyone is up and doing their thing, it's time for Mom to "work".  Well, that's how it's supposed to be.  And some days it is.  But I will be honest with you, I have struggled.  I have anxiety that has definitely heightened with this Pandemic.  It is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of either.  A lot, if not all, of us are dealing with our mental health during all of this.  And that is OK!!!!!

Society is slowing coming to terms with Mental Health being a priority.  I'm not talking about just being triggered or needing a "safe space" either.  I am talking about genuine issues that used to be hidden from public view.

Back in the day, if a family had a member with mental issues, it wasn't discussed.  They were quietly tucked away in an asylum or kept away from public view.  It was considered taboo to discuss being depressed or anxious.  Now, society is realizing that most of us deal with some sort of mental health issues at some point in our lives.

It is no longer a sign of weakness to talk to a counselor or therapist.  It is no longer hush hush if you need to take a medication to help regulate your mood either.  It is now, OK to NOT be OK.

Right now we all need to keep an extra eye on our friends and family.  The isolation of this Pandemic and the fears associated with it, coupled with the angst of politics are enough to send any one over the edge.  So pick up your phone, call, send a text, an email, Zoom call, FaceTime, what ever it takes to check in on your loved ones.  Let them know you are there for when they are NOT OK. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technical Difficulties - or Why the industry wants to dictate to us.

Redhead Color Rules?!