Redhead Color Rules?!

I don't care if you are Strawberry Blonde, Carrot Red, Deep Auburn, natural color or dyed.  If your hair is red odds are someone has told you their opinion on what you should or shouldn't wear because of your tresses.  Not to mentions the myriad of "rules" the infamous "they" say you should follow.

Seriously, have you been told you should wear green all the time and avoid pink?  That red lipstick with clash with your hair keep it neutral?  How about covering freckles?  WOW!  I've heard some of this myself, and usually from someone whose hair is far from flaming!

The first thing I will tell you is to ignore others.  Fashion and beauty is up to the individual.  No not every redhead looks great in all shades of green. Me, if I put on a muted ochre green I look deathly ill!  Some of us actually shine in the right shade of pink.  And I have found a burgundy or brown red looks simply smashing on me.  Freckles?  Flaunt 'em or cover 'em, it's up to you and no one else.

The best way to decide what will work for you and what won't is to take the time to try out colors.  Go try on different shades.  I absolutely hate, with a capital H, orange as a rule.  However, I gave in and tried out a pumpkin blouse once and discovered it looked, pardon the pun, smashing on me!

Make up is one of the easiest ways to try colors you wouldn't normally.  You can pick up in expensive eyeshadows and lip colors to try out.  E.L.F. and Wet-n-Wild are two companies that make some fabulous products for very little cost to you.  And the neat thing about make up is you can wash it off and try again if you decide that particular shade of pink isn't for you.  

So ignore the naysayers and go try that bright purple, fluorescent yellow or burnt umber that you just love but were afraid of trying.  You might just be surprised at how good you look! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technical Difficulties - or Why the industry wants to dictate to us.